Mozilla Firefox is a free web browser software with a responsive engine, friendly interface and is packed with many features. Even though this software hardly comes across issues, but sometimes they can become a hassle for the users. It either keeps on crashing or fails to load pages. Occasionally, the update process can also take longer than expected. Mozilla Firefox fails to respond or encounters compatibility struggles with the system. To diagnose any such kind of recurring issue and to troubleshoot these errors manually, you need to perform some necessary steps. This blog presents you to a systematically detailed analysis in a synchronized manner. Follow the steps as shared below and execute the same. Moreover, for any further assistance, feel free to contact Firefox Customer Support number at any given time.
Different methods to fix Mozilla Firefox issues.
Restart the system : Close all the applications that are running in the order and opt for restarting your PC. Sometimes, many issues can be resolved by just restarting the system.
Clear the cookies, cache, and history : If your web browser is cluttered with cookies, cache, and history, there are chances that the pages will take unusually unexpected time to load. You can clear all the accumulated junk and can update the browser’s settings. To do that,
- Navigate to settings>History>Clear Recent History
- Select all the tabs near cookies, images, and others and click on ‘Clear browsing data.’
Restart Firefox in safe mode : Restarting Firefox in safe mode will lead to disabling all the extensions; close the hardware acceleration and other tools that are used to control the default toolbar. To restart the application in safe mode, follow the steps shared below:
- Click on the Menu tab and then select Help. Further, choose the option of ‘Restart with Disable Add-ons.’ This will start Firefox in the safe mode dialog box.
- Click on the ‘Start in Safe mode.’
Restore Firefox in the system : Sometimes, even one of the corrupt Firefox files can lead to these issues. You can remove the application and restore it. Do not worry; it will not delete your profile data.
- From the official site, download Mozilla Firefox’s latest version
- Click on the Menu button and then click on Exit
- After that, uninstall the application from your device
- You can now remove the Firefox program folder, which would be located in either C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox or C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
Refresh Firefox : By refreshing Firefox, most of the problems will be resolved. It restores your Firefox profile to its default state and saves the essential information. Follow the steps given below:
- Click on Firefox Menu > Help
- Choose Troubleshooting information from the Help menu
If you cannot access the Help menu, you can search ‘support’ in the address bar that will bring you to the troubleshooting information page
- In the top right corner of the page, click on the Refresh Firefox button
- In the confirmation window, you will have to click on Refresh Firefox
- A window will list you imported information when the Firefox closes to refresh, click on Finish and the Firefox will run
Create a new Firefox profile : You can create a new and additional profile by excluding any data from older Firefox because they might create trouble for you.
If the above steps do not help you, you can try other solutions such as troubleshoot your plugins, check if the software is conflicting with Internet security, perform a malware scan, etc. You can also speak to experts at Firefox customer support to avail assistance from the experts who provide you with the most prominent solution in no time at all.