A computer virus can be a costly affair and may result in the loss of important personal and financial data. As a security software, Norton is designed to identify and eliminate any harmful viruses or malware that may affect your system. The quick scan feature on Norton allows you to run a basic scan of your computer to check if there are any files that are damaged or corrupted. However, there are times when you may come across a quick scan error that does not allow Norton to run. A Norton error during a quick scan is quite serious because it does not allow you to check your system properly. This article will give you a basic overview of the steps you can follow to resolve the Norton Quick Scan error and get your security software up and running again. If you need additional assistance, you can also call the Norton customer service number and consult a professional software expert to troubleshoot the error.
Symptoms of Norton Error During a Quick Scan
If you are looking to ensure that your Norton anti-virus software runs smoothly here are a couple of things you need to look out for:
- A system error message is displayed: ‘Warning! You are at risk.’
- The Norton scanning process keeps crashing or getting stuck
- The anti-virus scan will suddenly stop, and no results will be shown.
- Your computer slows down considerably during a Norton Quick scan.
- A server error caused your Norton anti-virus software to malfunction.
If you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, you can be sure that there is a technical error connected to your Norton software.
Steps to Fix Norton Error during a Quick Scan
An efficient anti-virus software is the cornerstone of cybersecurity and data protection. If you face a Norton error during a quick scan, you can refer to the steps below to try and resolve the issue:
- Save your data and close all the background apps that are running.
- Restart your computer and update your operating system if needed.
- Click the Norton desktop icon and update the anti-virus software.
- Access the security options and click the ‘Scan’ option.
- Select the required settings and run a full system scan using Norton.
- Press the ‘Finish’ option once the scan is complete and complete any prompts that are pending.
In case your Norton software still encounters an error you should call the Norton customer support number and ask for additional technical assistance. Trained Norton software experts are available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you advanced troubleshooting steps to help you resolve any issues related to your Norton software.