The user faces Adobe Acrobat 1606 Error when the concerned person is not able to access the network location. Adobe is a parent company that has released different products such as Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, and others. It is a software, which reads, converts, edits and lets the reader view the documents that are supported in the portable document format. While you are using this software for the purpose it is designed for; it can encounter different issues. One of which is Adobe Acrobat 9 Error 1606. By reading this blog, you can quickly troubleshoot this issue manually. However, first, you need to have a piece of thorough knowledge about this error. Let’s dwell deep into the topic.
Adobe Phone Number : 1-855-200-6941
Understanding what is Adobe Acrobat 9 Error 1606
- This error can be related to the Startup Location
- It also occurs when a user is not able to access the network location as already discussed above.
How to solve Adobe Acrobat Error 1606?
There are two different methods by which you can attempt to solve this particular error:
Method 1- By creating a new Local User Account with the help of administrative privileges and installing Acrobat
- First of all, right-click on My Computer icon and then from the drop-down menu select ‘Manage.’
- Now click on ‘Expand System Tools.’
- After that, select ‘Local users and groups’ and further right-click on the ‘Users’ folder.
- Now navigate to the option of ‘New User.’
- Enter a username and your full name
- After that, choose the option of ‘Password never expires’ and then click on Create.
- To continue with the process, click on ‘Close.’
- Right-click on the user account and select ‘Properties.’
- Click to add ‘Member’ in the tab that opens
- Now you are required to verify the location and ensure that it is in the name of your local computer.
- Open the dialog box (Windows + R key) and in the search field type ‘Administrator.’
- After that, follow the steps that appear on the screen.
- Now disable the startup items and services
- Restart the system
- Log in to the account with the help of new user account you have created.
Method 2- Uninstall Microsoft office, install Acrobat and then reinstall Microsoft office
- Close all the running applications in the system.
- Copy all the folders from the Microsoft Office and paste it somewhere else. You can create a new folder.
- Click on Windows Start and then select ‘Control Panel.’
- After that, double click on ‘Add or Remove Programs’
- Choose Microsoft office and then click on Remove
- Restart the system
- Now you can install Acrobat software and further reinstall Microsoft Office.
With the help of these troubleshooting steps, you can easily solve Adobe Acrobat 9 Error 1606. If the error occurs again, then do contact the customer care team.