The availability of different viruses and malware these days can result in the loss of all your essential data from the device. Therefore, it makes sense to protect your computer from all these online threats and security breaches. Norton antivirus software is designed in a way that helps you secure your Mac device from all types of cyber threats. Some technical glitches may prevent you from accessing and running the software. In this article, you will find a general overview of how to fix the issue of Norton not opening on Mac. In case the error appears frequently, you can speak to a software expert at norton technical support number to execute a more straightforward and advanced solution to solve the problem.
Methods to run RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool
The Norton RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool works wonders in removing all the files and folders for all your Norton and Symantec products. Follow the instructions given below to understand how to run this tool:
- Firstly, you need to download the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool in your system
- Once done, visit the Downloads folder of your computer and open RemoveSymantecMacFiles.
- Hold control and then click on the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.command file.
- Use the administrator account to log into your Mac account and then run the Utility tool
- In the terminal window, provide your admin details and select return.
- Enable RemoveSymantecMacFiles to remove all Symantec files and folders by typing ‘1.’
Before running the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool, you must save all your data from the other applications. After the utility tool is done with removing the Symantec files, you should restart your Mac device, then download, and install Norton again.
You must follow the steps shared below to install the software again once you are done with using RemoveSymantecMacFiles on your device
- Provide the Norton login details and access your account.
- Visit the ‘Get Started’ window and hit ‘Download Norton.’
- Select the ‘Agree & Download’ option, and do not forget to save the file on your device.
- Click twice on the Norton product installer and choose ‘Agree & Install.’
- You need to provide your admin account password and tap ‘Install Helper.’
- If you see a message on your screen saying, “System software was blocked from loading…” tap on ‘Allow’ and implement the on-screen installation steps.
After installing the Norton software again on your device, you can restart the same to see if the issue is fixed or not. If you find that Norton is still not opening on your Mac device, or if you are looking for any clarification about the process shared above, you can call the Norton customer support number and ask for an expert opinion. A team of well-qualified and certified software experts is available round the clock to help you with the most detailed solution to your problem.